Verona is an italian city well-known for the following (good) reasons.
- The Arena Opera Festival takes place during several months every summer. In 2015, the 102nd edition of the Festival will have 6 productions on stage from the 19th of June to the 6th of September. During our workshop, there will be a performance of "Nabucco" on the 3rd of July - and for those wishing to stay longer in Verona, also "Aida" will be on stage on the 5th of July. Information on how to buy tickets for performances in the Arena are available here.
- The city of Verona is recognised as Unesco World Heritage. It incorporates several monuments, through a cross-section of historical periods (see more on the website of Tourism in Verona).
- The famous Valpolicella wines are produced in the Valpolicella area, a suburb of Verona.
- Verona is in the vicinity of several areas of beautiful landscapes such as the Lake Garda or the Regional Natural Park of the Lessinia.
- Verona is also the city of Romeo and Juliet.
Verona is also a city of an excellent gastronomical tradition. There is a large offer of excellent restaurants. We will provide you with a list of our personal suggestions upon your arrival!